For those who enjoy visiting places off the beaten path, ones that require research, detective work, good navigation skills, and a fair amount of off-trail bushwhacking and scrambling in some pretty steep gnarly terrain, then I dare say you’ll be delighted with the sights and sounds of the Roaring Creek and Little Roaring Creek Waterfalls.
- Have a good topo map for Shasta County, Montgomery Creek area
- Electronic devices will come in handy
- Terrain is very steep, expect unsteady footing (in my opinion unsuitable for kids)
- Expect plenty of berry bushes, poison oak and ticks
- For other similar Jan’s Jaunts, reference Hikes Near and in Redding, Hikes with Off-Trail Scrambling, Hikes with Off-Trail Bushwhacking, Hikes with Waterfalls