Dates Hiked: March 21-22, 2015 (Days 19-20)
Passage 4: Temporal Gulch (Mt. Wrightson National Forest)
-Gardner Canyon Road to Patagonia
-Elevation: Low Point 4,068′, High Point 6,558′
Sharing the Trail:
- Mr Furious, who I’d been looking forward to meeting as he’d commented on my blog about his quest north (still in search of his blog address)
- Two young gals, Ash and Jen (missed getting their photo)
- A large group of bikers out for a day ride
- A couple wearing large sombreros and large packs
- Hiker Box and Heart Breaker. Check out their blog and entry from the day we met.
- Greyhound and Josh, Warrior Hikers. Our friend Sirena from the AZTA hiked from the border to Patagonia with them.
Tips and Resources:
- Link to my other Arizona Trail (AZT) posts
- Rambling Hemlock (aka Joan)
- Arizona Trail Association
- Fred Gaudet’s Water Report
- Umbrella and Mariposa Pack Links
- Disclaimer: As a Gossamer Gear Ambassador, I was gifted the pack, but paid for all the rest of my gear
- Lodging – Stage Coach Inn. They held our packages, had a hiker discount, refrig in room, rooms were clean.
- Wagon Wheel Salon – decent food, prices, services
- Wild Horse Restaurant (at Stage Coach Inn) – decent food, prices, services
- Red Mountain Foods – they get an A+ from me for lots of fresh food and plenty of options, including instant coffee singles
- Ovens of Patagonia – they also get an A+ from me for lots of sweet choices including ICE CREAM, plus fresh baked bread, a refrigerator section with homemade burritos including breakfast burritos.