With a forecast of rain, rain, and more rain, I decided I better see what I can while the gettin’s good. I’d just returned from hiking 15 miles on the Going-to-the-Sun Road. Did I really have enough energy to keep going? My adventure compass is ruled by two primary objectives (1) be an opportunist; and (2) live without regrets.
Date(s) Hiked: April 22, 2016
Road Trip Day(s) #64 out of 88
- The only campgrounds in the park open during the winter/early spring season are Apgar and St Mary (however, when I arrived at Many Glacier, the sign showed open).
- Come prepared with grizzly bear spray or buy at Visitor’s Center upon arrival
- Microspikes or YakTrax are a good option for early season travel.
- Glacier NP – website
- Glacier NP – Visiting in the Winter
- Map – Many Glacier, Glacier National Park (National Geographic)
- Book – Hiking Glacier and Waterton Lakes National Parks