- Links to blog posts can be found by clicking each pin. My summer/fall posts are current; sadly I haven’t completed most of my spring posts (with the exception of Idaho).
- Use +/- buttons to zoom for more details, or click on bracket in top right corner to open in full screen mode. The window looking icon in top left corner shows the list of hikes.
- Map Legend:
- Orange is Winter/Spring 2017 trip (78 days)
- Purple is Summer/Fall 2017 trip (93 days)
- Blue is other 2017 wanderings
- This is my first time to use the map format in my annual review post. Please let me know what you think!
- 173 days spent OUTSIDE hiking, walking, snowshoeing, etc.
- 51 nights spent in my tent
- 85 nights spent sleeping in my car
- 15,000 miles driven
- 1,500-2,000 miles hiked
- 20,000 blog visitors (WOW!)
- 2017, Late Winter/Early Spring Overview
- 2017, Summer/Fall Overview
- 2017, Colorado Overview
- 2016, Where did Jan Jaunt?
- 2015, Where did Jan Jaunt?
Miscellaneous 2017 Posts:
- Me and My CRV
- Food Jabber – Budget, Time, and Health Friendly Meal Prep
- Finding Happiness . . . 7 years in the making
- ALDHA-West Gathering 2017, Keystone Colorado
- The Season of Temptation for hikers, backpackers, adventurers and the rest of the world
- Hiking with Geospatial PDF Maps
- Dear Friends & Family, If I become a Missing Person . . .
- Snow Travel Skills – Living to Adventure Another Day
- DIY – Hiking Skirt and Tall Gaiters
- DIY – Down Skirt, Leg Warmers, Socks, Mittens
- More time in Colorado, including possibly hiking the Colorado Trail
- Late winter/early spring trip to include Southern California, Southern Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and possibly Texas.
- Time in Glacier National Park is still high on my list
- More J&J adventures
- More PCT and CDT adventures
- Possibly fall in the Sierra; maybe early summer on the Tahoe Rim Trail if this continues as a low snow year.
- MORE time OUTSIDE, MORE HIKING, MORE BACKPACKING, less driving!!!!
Backpacking Gear Choices:
- Gossamer Gear Mariposa Pack (2015 model) with GG Pack Liner Bag
- Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL1 Tent (2017 model)
- Gossamer Gear Polycryo Ground Cloth
- Zpacks 900 fill 10 degree bag (older model)
- Gossamer Gear Airbeam Sleeper Mattress (no longer available)
- Gossamer Gear 1/8″ Thinlight Foam Mattress (part of pack frame and sleep system)
- EXPED Air Pillow (size medium)
- Nitecore Headlamp
- Anker PowerCore+ 10050 Premium Aluminum Portable Charger
- Sea to Summit Alpha Light Long Handled Spoon
- Jetboil ti Sol (no longer available)
- Blue Desert SmarTube Hydration System
- Sawyer Squeeze Filter (full size) ORAquatabs AQT100 Water Purification Tablets
- Evernew Water Bladders
- Ursack 29.3 with Loksak Opsak
- BSN Medical Leukotape P
- Sony DSC-RX100/B with GGS Self-adhesive Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector
- Delorme InReach SE
- Leki Tri-Fold Hiking Poles
- Deuce of Spades Trowel
- GoToob 1.25 oz (bidet)
- Luxury Item – Temp Gauge (remove plastic casing)
- Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer hooded down jacket
- OR Helium II Wind/Rain Jacket OR
- Frogg Toggs UL2 Suit OR UL Poncho
- Sunday Afternoons Hat
- Altra Lone Peak 3.5 Shoes with Green Superfeet Insoles
- Injinji Toe Socks (2.0 Outdoor Original Weight Micro Nuwool Socks)
- Darn Tough Socks (Merino Wool Ultra-Light) (used as second layer)
- Dirty Girl Gaiters
- Columbia Super Bahama Long Sleeve Shirt
- DIY Skirt and Tall Gaiters
- Under Armour Women’s HeatGear Armour 7″ Long OR Icebreaker Merino Women’s Oasis Legless
- Smartwool Gloves and/or Mittens
- Melanzana beanie
- Sleep Clothes
- GG Umbrella (previously Go Lite Chrome Dome)
- Altra Lone Peak Neoshell (cold weather hiking and snowshoeing)
- NEOS Adventurer Overboots OR Forty Below Shorty Overboots (used with Altra Neoshell shoes)
- Kahtoola Microspikes
- MSR Lightning Ascent Snowshoes
- Black Diamond Whippet
- Tubbs Waterproof Gaiters
- DIY Down Skirt, Leggings, Mittens and Booties (for cold weather camping)
- Sawyer Products Premium Insect Repellent with 20% Picaridin
Car Camping/Travel Gear:
- Moon Lence Compact Ultralight Portable Folding Camping Backpacking Chair
- SUBOOS Ultimate Rechargeable LED Lantern and 5200mAh Powerbank
- Power Inverter (for charging laptop)
- Nato Smart Mount – Magnetic Smart Device Holder
- Winplus Car Jump Start & Portable Power Bank
Disclosure: Some items include Amazon Affiliate links where I might get a small financial kickback if you buy through the link.