Welcome to 2019, how did I spend my last 365 days?
This is an interactive map of the places I visited in 2018. If you click on an icon you’ll find the link to the associated blog post. As of this date, I have a few months of adventures to add to the map and blog.
- 209 days spent OUTSIDE hiking, walking, snowshoeing, etc.
- 27 nights spent in my tent (sadly prime backpacking season was disrupted by my accident)
- 79 nights spent sleeping in my car
- 10,000 miles driven
- 1,500-2,000 miles hiked
- 20,000+ blog visitors (WOW!)
- Dear Friends & Family, If I become a Missing Person . . .
- Life Interrupted . . . Forever Grateful for the SOS Button
- DIY – Hiking Skirt and Tall Gaiters
- DIY – Down Skirt, Leg Warmers, Socks, Mittens
- Backpacking Gear Jabber
- More time in Colorado, including possibly hiking the Colorado Trail
- Late winter/early spring trip to include Southern California, Southern Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and possibly Texas.
- Time in Glacier National Park is still high on my list
- More shared adventures with new and old friends
- More PCT and CDT adventures
- Possibly fall in the Sierra; maybe early summer on the Tahoe Rim Trail if this continues as a low snow year.
- MORE time OUTSIDE, MORE HIKING, MORE BACKPACKING, less driving!!!!
Backpacking Gear Choices:
- Gossamer Gear Mariposa Pack (2015 model) with GG Pack Liner Bag
- Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL1 Tent (2017 model)
- Gossamer Gear Polycryo Ground Cloth
- Zpacks 900 fill 10 degree bag (older model)
- Big Agnes AXL Air Ultralight Sleeping Pad (uninsulated mummy) (added in 2018)
- Gossamer Gear 1/8″ Thinlight Foam Mattress (part of pack frame and sleep system)
- Klymit Pillow X (size medium) (added in 2018)
- Nitecore Headlamp
- Anker PowerCore+ 10050 Premium Aluminum Portable Charger
- Sea to Summit Alpha Light Long Handled Spoon
- Jetboil ti Sol (no longer available)
- Blue Desert SmarTube Hydration System
- Sawyer Squeeze Filter (full size) OR Aquatabs AQT100 Water Purification Tablets
- Evernew Water Bladders (1500ml size)
- Ursack Major with Loksak Opsak
- BSN Medical Leukotape P
- Sony DSC-RX100/B with GGS Self-adhesive Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector
- Garmin/Delorme InReach SE
- Micro Vario Ti COR-TEC Lady DSS Trekking Poles
- Deuce of Spades Trowel
- GoToob 1.25 oz (bidet)
- Luxury Item – Temp Gauge (remove plastic casing)
- Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer hooded down jacket
- OR Helium II Wind/Rain Jacket OR
- Frogg Toggs UL2 Suit OR UL Poncho
- Sunday Afternoons Hat
- Altra Lone Peak 3.5 Shoes with Green Superfeet Insoles
- Injinji Toe Socks (2.0 Outdoor Original Weight Micro Nuwool Socks)
- Darn Tough Socks (Merino Wool Ultra-Light) (used as second layer)
- Dirty Girl Gaiters
- Columbia Super Bahama Long Sleeve Shirt
- DIY Skirt and Tall Gaiters
- ExOfficio Men’s Give-N-Go Sport Mesh 9″ Boxer Brief, Adidas Men’s Sport Performance Climalite 9-Inch Midway Underwear OR Icebreaker Merino Women’s Oasis Legless / 3/4 leg
- Smartwool Gloves and/or Mittens
- Melanzana beanie
- Sleep Clothes
- GG Umbrella (previously Go Lite Chrome Dome)
- Altra Lone Peak Neoshell (cold weather hiking and snowshoeing)
- NEOS Adventurer Overboots OR Forty Below Shorty Overboots (used with Altra Neoshell shoes)
- Kahtoola Microspikes
- MSR Lightning Ascent Snowshoes
- Black Diamond Whippet
- Tubbs Waterproof Gaiters
- DIY Down Skirt, Leggings, Mittens and Booties (for cold weather camping)
- Sawyer Products Premium Insect Repellent with 20% Picaridin
Car Camping/Travel Gear:
- Moon Lence Compact Ultralight Portable Folding Camping Backpacking Chair
- SUBOOS Ultimate Rechargeable LED Lantern and 5200mAh Powerbank
- Power Inverter (for charging laptop)
- Nato Smart Mount – Magnetic Smart Device Holder
- Winplus Car Jump Start & Portable Power Bank
Please let me know if any of the links are broken. THANKS!
Disclosure: Some items include Amazon Affiliate links where I might get a small financial kickback if you buy through the link.