- Lassen Volcanic National Park Web Site
- Winter Trails – Southwestern Entrance, North Manzanita Lake Entrance, Avalanche Awareness & Terrain Map, Road and Weather Conditions
- Lassen Volcanic National Park: A Complete Hiker’s Guide by Mike White
- 75 Hikes in California’s Lassen Park & Mount Shasta Regions by John Soares
- A park pass is required. The annual Whiskeytown Pass can be used at Lassen, and visa versa. If you buy a day pass, you can turn it in as credit toward an annual pass.
- Many trails and views were negatively impacted by the 2012 28,000 acre Reading Fire.
- A wilderness permit is required for overnight travel in the back country.
- No camping is many areas near trails or roads (map)
- Camp fires are prohibited in the back country.
- The use of animal resistant food canisters or hanging food is REQUIRED.
- For more information: Wilderness Camping in Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Reference my blog postings in the Lassen Volcanic National Park category